Sunday, October 17, 2010

Craft of the day

While cruising around the web awhile back I came across a site that had directions for a book wreath. I kindof forgot about it until yesterday when I was thinking about crafts to do (like I need any more) and I decided to try it.
I couldn't remember where I saw the idea, but I knew the jist of it so I bought a foam wreath while I was in town.
As a side note, Rachel and Addy spent the day with me. We went to a craft show, Joannes, Ross, Hobby Lobby, picked up the kids, and then came to my house for a 4 1/2 hour marathon session of crafting. Rachel beaded really cute hair clips!
I didn't take any action pictures of the wreath making, but here is the finished product.

It is fairly big, I think the wreath form was either 10" or 8". I took the pages out of an old book I didn't want, inked the edges with brown, then rolled and glued. The only glue I had was an old-school HOT glue gun. I only have 1 blister this morning on my thumb so I think I did pretty good. I don't really know how long it took me, but we watched How to Train Your Dragon and Finding Nemo before I was done. I think I am going to make a couple more to take to craft shows. Now that I have the process down it should go much faster. I really like the way it almost looks like a giant Zinnia!

1 comment: