Wednesday, November 3, 2010

screeching halt

After going into garge sale overdrive last weekend I feel like I've come to a screeching halt.
I started my new part-time job as a court clerk on Monday, and have not been very productive.
I have not been to the thrift store or sewn a stitch at all this week. yuck.
On the good side I have sold some things I already had and put more pieces for sale on both eBay and etsy, so all is not lost.

I had to sneak this picture of a pumpkin Annie carved. She had a sticky stencil you put on the pumpkin for a guide. The funny part is that she only had this huge knife to use and I told her that she wouldn't be able to do it since the knife was too big. So, being her little crazy self, she found a very large safety pin and used that. Yes, she carved this with a safety pin!! It took her about an hour but she got it done.

Nobody should ever tell her that she can't do something!

3 comments:

  1. Annie's pumpkin is very impressive. Can't believe she did it with a safety pin.

    Are you and Rach working together again now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah that's right! Tell me I can't do it, and believe me it gets done (and not messily might I add.)!!!!

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa, not technically :) We are about 1/2 block apart and her job is much harder than mine.

    ReplyDelete