Saturday, April 2, 2011

out of hibernation

The birds are singing, flowers are blooming and I am crawling out of my winter den to share more of my favorites! Annie and I hit some garage sales today. It is nice to see the yard sale app say there were over 25 yard sales instead of 2 or 3. The first one that we hit was an estate sale. It was the 3rd day of a 3 day sale--1/2 off day. I can't imagine what that place looked like 3 days ago. It was knee deep in the book and craft room. The lady of the house painted porcelain and had enough blank pieces to start a warehouse-it was amazing. Annie found some painting supplies and I picked up a 1928 National Geographic (missing its cover but has neat advertising and an article about Sweden), a coffee pot from Germany, and a couple glass birds.
I love them. They are sitting in my kitchen window right now. Hopefully over the summer while I'm shopping for eBay inventory I will find more of these little guys.


Speaking of inventory, here is my favorite find from the past couple weeks.

It is a cup and saucer from Rosenthal, a design company in Denmark. The dinner line it is part of was designed for the 200th anniversary of Hans Christian Andersen. Can you see the Little Mermaid?

Such a cool piece of Scandinavian china.

Now that warm weather is here I am hoping to find a lot more favorite things to share with all of you!







This post also shared on:


7 comments:

  1. Glad you are back!! Love the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glass birds are adorable. Do you have any idea what they are/where they're from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those birds - they sorta remind me of the FM Konst ones (from Sweden), though I don't think those had the embedded color splotches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glass birds, have never seen anything like them before. Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finds! Was so glad to have yard sales starting up around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I don't have any idea where they came from. They reminded me of ones that I used to collect in the 80's. I really miss my old ones-no idea where they went! So, I was happy to find these guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a particular fan of the birds, though I have a young one who would be particularly fond of the mermaid cup...beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete