Monday, October 15, 2012

My full time crazy job

Glad that this past weekend is done. Onward and upward!

I have been really taking this reselling seriously lately. Even though I don't have a 'real' job, I am still applying unique skills that I have to generate income for my family. As my own boss, I need to be disciplined in a way I never have before. When I worked outside the home, I had a set time to start and finish work. I had other people telling me what to do. As long as I stayed between the lines of what my boss wanted me to do, I made a certain amount of money in a set amount of time.

If I don't create goals for myself now I will not make any money. I will not grow my business.
But it is so easy to start to feel worthless. It is so easy to tell myself that I am a ONLY a reseller. I tell myself that society looks down upon my chosen profession, I am choosing a "white-trash", lazy way of making my way in the world.
But then I realize that I am selling myself short.  I work full-time hours at this job! Sure, I sit on my couch working but I used to sit in an office chair.  Sitting is still sitting no matter the location. I spend hours researching items, taking pictures, creating my listings with accurate and detailed descriptions, tweaking my store, professionally packing my sales, printing shipping labels,and setting pick up schedules with the Post Office. I answer emails and best offer requests. I order all the office and shipping supplies. I shop in different revenues to obtain a large number high quality items to offer my customers on a consistent basis. I have to instantly know what to purchase and what to leave on the shelf. If I make a mistake it instantly affects my families pocketbook.  On top of that I also network with other resellers, attend webinars, and research all types of different products to obtain an educated 'eye' that will serve me well when out in the field. 


 Seriously, when else would I have an
opportunity to buy this?

I never know how much money I will make in a day or week. I never know if I will be the one who comes across a very hard to please customer. I work as hard and honestly as I can and hope for the best.
For my personality this is a great job. I am self-motivated and enjoy the hunt. I love the process and the result of what I do.  It may not be traditional or very socially acceptable but I am not really either one of those things either. Perfect fit I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment